There are a lot of "crash" diets out there that promise that you'll drop a considerable amount of weight in days or a week. I have tried a few of these, and in my experience the weight always comes back on, just as quickly.
One thing you don't want to do if you are actually serious about losing weight is to follow these fad diets. After their ineffectiveness has been proven time and again, people will start to wise up to that particular diet, and will head off in search of a new craze.
Lets be honest, people want to lose weight and they want immediate results, but this is just wishful thinking. To lose weight permanently and effectively it will be a rather slow progress, all depending on your metabolic rate and how much you need to lose.
There are however some proven tried and true methods for aiding in the weight loss process, and I can make you familiar with them.
1. Don't skip breakfast. Whatever you do follow this advice, because otherwise you are much more likely in fact prone to binge later in the day.
2. Don't eat anything for at least an hour before going to bed.
3. Don't snack while watching TV. It's acceptable to eat a meal while watching television, but never is snacking at this time acceptable.
4. Substitute fruits like; bananas, watermelon, plums, peaches, and oranges for sugary treats like; cookies and candy.
5. Substitute honey for sugar, and carob powder for chocolate in all recipes.
6. Eat more vegetables. This can even be enjoyable if you have a good cookbook like Good housekeeping's latest edition.
7. Avoid unnecessary high calorie foods.
8. Exercise at least a half hour each day for 5 days out of the week.
For more information on weight loss visit: http://hop.clickbank.net/?workgirl15/callenbr