The tips listed below will help you to get back to you ideal weight after the birth of your child.
1) Remember that the best approach to weight loss combines healthy eating and regular exercise. It is important you stay focussed on both these areas.
2) Eat slowly and chew your food well. Put your cutlery down between bites and don't pick them up until you have finished chewing.
3) Instead of putting the food on the table and letting everyone help themselves, serve the food on the plate. Allocate the appropriate amount for each food group.
4) If you feel like snacking, try going for a walk instead. Before you go, have a good drink of water. Hunger is often disguising thirst.
5) If you have a problem with junk food and can't resist the temptation at home, stop the problem at the source. Don't buy any junk food! Or at least limit the amount you buy to one item per week.
6) Eat smaller meals, but more often. A healthy meal will be a lot more satisfying than a packet of chips or a drink.
7) Drink fresh juices instead of soft drinks. This will cut down on your sugar intake, and is a far better alternative than the artificial sweeteners in those diet soft drinks.
8) Set yourself a weight goal and stick to it. Chart your progress and stick it on the fridge. It will be a helpful reminder every time you go in the kitchen.
9) If you do have to go for junk food, try the healthiest option. For example try to get the burger with the most salad on it, or get some salads to accompany the meal.
10) Increase your motivation levels, and stay on track. If your motivation drops, you will find it hard to focus on your goal weight.
About the Author
http://www.livinghealthysite.com is the Baby Names, Pregnancy, Birth and Babies Complete Resource<
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
>> Weight Loss Tips from a Trainer's Viewpoint
>> Weight Loss -- It's In Your Head
>> Weight Loss - It's not about the numbers, it's your approach
>> Will Your Plan Lead To Permanent Weight Loss? How To Tell