Much has been touted about the effectiveness of article writing in the promotion of their business. While everyone raves about its benefits I?ll look into a few quirks.
- Too much junk- You can't even imagine the amount of rehash material that is being passed off as something in which the reader can find valuable. Some writers rush to put out their work putting quantity over quality. It pays to be original when you are into article writing. Well, I have slack up sometimes on this one.
- Takes Time- Due to the multitude of writers entering this field, it will probably take six months to a year for others to become familiar with you and your writing style. Once this is accomplished you can expect some fans.
- High Readership, Low Conversion- There has been times when I have published an article that got good readership but fail to convert into respectable sales or subscribers. The resource box is key I found out if you want to improve your conversions.
If you don't have a quality article the chances of someone reading your resource box is low and their cursor won?t make it to your website link. When you do get them to view your resource box, your message has to highlight its benefits to get that valued click thru.
- Loss of Valuable Links- While article writing has been important in boosting my page rank, this has not always been the case as I thought. Doing some research on some of my articles through the search engines, I realized that not every webmaster provides a live link in my resource box. Failing to do so is sure to cost some valuable back links.
- You could be a victim- Of what? Copyism. I have seen articles where the writer ?lifted? a few paragraphs here and there, did a little editing and presto a new article is born. I guess there is no escaping this as it also happens offline.
- Lack of Editing- It might take you just a few minutes to whip up that latest article but those few minutes might affect the quality of your work. Proof reading and editing can sometimes be painstaking not to mention the submission process especially if done by hand.
- Woeful Spelings- Got that one? Proper spelling is important as too many mistakes can affect your credibility. You might get away with one but definitely not four.
- Grammar- This is in the same vein as spelling. If your grammar sounds like that of a toddler, then don't expect readers to be impressed. You don't need to have the writing skills of a poet, but with a little practice and research you can vastly improve.
- Sales copy ? You know these well. Some authors write articles that belongs in the classifieds. In their articles they blatantly advertise their services with the hope of readers visiting their website. A benefit laden article will always produce the best results.
- Too much links- Nothing peeves me than to get an article to run in my newsletter but when I read it through it is littered. These links can confuse the reader and also reduces the potential of your resource box.
These are a few quirks I found to be associated with the writing and promotion of articles. And I did say ten items but I will just throw in an extra. What is it? Go ahead and proceed with your article writing. While there are some negatives it does work. Why would I be writing this one if it didn?t?
© Oceanroc Web Publishing
This article was posted on April 08, 2005
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Dreading the Writing Assignment? Outlines to the Rescue
>> Effective Editing: It Spells the Difference!
>> Fair Use and Copyright: What You Need To Know
>> Finding Experts, Sources and Contacts
>> Framing Your Story: Writing Tips for Online Marketing