Success in any business is built on a foundation of customer service. eBay is no exception - every day thousands of eBay buyers register. I have a simple strategy that I use in all my auctions called the "eBay Welcome". Follow it and your repeat business will grow, along with referrals from those satisfied customers.
1. Pricing Strategy: Don't set your opening bid too high, you want to generate clicks on your auction listing. When buyers browse via the Search Bar, they will not even open your ad to view the description if the price is too high.
When you use a reserve price, it will often create the same effect. Take three minutes prior to listing an item to check Current Completed Auctions to see the average sale price of an item similar to the one you are listing.
2. Offer Multiple Payment Methods: It is a fact that Buyers are more likely to bid on your items if payment choices are easy to use and explained clearly. By using payment methods that are preferred by eBay buyers such as PayPal, you can increase your auction sales. Explain to your buyers about the PayPal Buyer Protection Program. It protects buyers against fraud or material misrepresentation up to $500.
If you are willing to offer alternate payment methods; such as money orders or wire transfers, state that in your auction description.
3. Shipping: It is reasonable for you to make a few dollars on your shipping and handling; but if your charges are excessive, it will turn off potential bidders and give you a bad reputation.
The quickest way to get great feedback is to ship your item quickly. Top eBay Power Sellers strive to ship within one day of payment.
4. Offer A Fair Return Policy: Your return policy must be clearly stated - this will save potential conflicts in the future. We want to extend a "eBay Welcome" to all buyers. We were all novice users at one point.
5. List Warranty Services In Your Auction: If you sell computers or electronics on eBay, you can now give buyers assurance and peace of mind by offering them a standard warranty or extended warranty via the Warranty Services program. Click their Link to join - it is free!
You will be given a cash incentive for any buyer that purchases this warranty coverage on any of your auction items. This can really add up at the end of each month.
In conclusion, give your Buyers the "eBay Welcome" and watch your business grow!
About the Author
Jason James is a 10 year Internet marketing veteran and an eBay Power Seller
of 4 years. His website "The Auction Resource Network" reveals his inside
secrets, tips, and sources that help him pocket over $10,000 per month on eBay.
Claim your FREE 14 Day "Learn How to Sell on eBay" e-Course Here:
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Are You Finding What You REALLY Need?
>> Are You In It For The Long Haul?
>> Asset Sales - How to Get Money For Assets When You Need Fund
>> Auction Seller Guide To Success
>> AUCTION TIP: Make the Most of Your eBay "About Me" Page