Country decorating ideas can help you create a home that is warm, inviting and the perfect home to live in. Country style decorating ideas can help you capture the spirit of country living during modern times. If you are restoring a country home, try to keep the original woodwork, windows, floors, fixtures and cabinetry unless they are beyond salvaging. For decorating a new or existing home, there are choices you can make that will provide you with the charm and comfort of life in the countryside.
Consider these country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas:
1. Country Dining Rooms - use a large rectangular table made of pine, oak, walnut or mahogany with wooden chairs or old benches that are similar in style and material. A corner cupboard, plate racks, dresser or sideboard will provide perfect storage and serving area for the dining room as long as they match the style and the materials of the table and chairs.
2. Country Bathroom Decorating - country bathroom floors are made of wood, ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl or natural cork. Carpeting used in the country bathroom is not appropriate. Wood and brass accessories are perfect materials to use in a country bathroom. Plain white towels instead of patterned or bright modern patterns are better. Wicker or wire baskets keep your sponges, loofas and shampoos handy near the tub or shower besides looking great.
3. Country Kitchen Decorating Ideas - use country decorating ideas in your kitchen. Give your kitchen a calm, elegant country atmosphere with soft colored walls, antique-looking lighting (chandeliers with wrought iron arms), wooden antiques or antique reproduction cabinets, plate racks and stone or wood fireplaces. Kitchen cabinets made of wood, aged surfaces, natural materials, rough finishes and round knobs provide a country style. Cabinets or kitchen furniture made of pine, even painted, can be beautiful key elements in the country kitchen. Country kitchen countertops use ceramic tiles or even hand painted tiles, slate or marble. If you want to use laminate materials, go for plain colors for coverings. Terracotta tiles, brick, stone and wood are very popular materials for country kitchen floors.
4. Kids Rooms - use wicker baskets, wooden chests and wooden bookshelves for storing books, toys and stuffed animals. When using tall bookshelves in your kids rooms, anchor them to the ceiling or walls so they cannot tip over. Bright colored plastic boxes are not good country style decorating ideas.
5. Furniture - furniture with simple lines, perhaps made of lacquered pine wood works great. Give furniture a rustic look by finishing it in a distressed, aged way. For example, brush on a coat of paint, then rub most of the paint off with a sponge or cloth. When dried, apply wood stain sealer unevenly. It will be perfect! Or use two paint colors and sandpaper to create a distressed look for unpainted or previously painted surfaces. Get free country decorating ideas by visiting your local home decorating or paint store for help with materials and techniques. Have fun looking for antiques, reproductions and handmade products when buying furniture for your country home.
6. Sofas or Love Seats - country decorating ideas can transform your love seat or sofa. Add a beautiful loose floral print slipcover for a romantic country look. Include padded stools and ottomen for comfort and as a place to set your drinks or newspaper. Add one or more rocking chairs. Traditional country chairs and sofas have high backs. And if the living room has a bay window, consider building a window seat with several cushions, a perfect place for reading and relaxing. High tripod side tables are appropriate next to the sofa or love seat for country home decor.
7. Antique Cupboards or White Cabinets - use a white cabinet or antique cupboard to show your ceramics, pottery, yellowware bowls, glass jars, or a collection of enamelware from 75 years ago to give your home a beautiful country style. Open shelving not only provides storage, it gives the room a country look, especially when earthware, stoneware and rustic items are displayed.
Country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas remind us of the way life was lived many years ago. Everyday country life was often difficult, filled with physical demands and long hours. Even so, country life was simpler and closer to nature without the stress of modern city life.
Use country decorating ideas to help recreate the ambience, peacefulness and pleasures of this closeness to nature without having to endure the hardships. Read all you can find about country style decorating ideas. From using old furniture to the colors and fabrics you choose to how your things are arranged, create the country atmosphere in your home that celebrates the lifestyle that used to be.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
About the author:
David Buster is VP of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.yourdreamloghome.com- visit the website for more on country home decorating and design, rustic bedding, kitchen and bathroom design and decor tips, wicker furniture, home storage ideas and more.
Circulated by http://www.article-emporium.com
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Designer Shower Curtains -
>> Faux Wood Mini Blinds -
>> Glass Sinks - 4 Unbreakable Rules of Buying a Glass Vessel Sink
>> Here's what a Jacuzzi will do for you!
>> Home Improvement Ideas