Publishing Guidelines: You are welcome to publish this
article in its entirety, electronically, or in print fre*e
of charge, as long as you include my full signature file
for ezines, and my Web site address(http://www.schrift.com)
in hyperlink for other sites. Please send a courtesy link
or email where you publish to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
TITLE: 12 Ways to be a Confident Public Speaker
AUTHOR: Sandra Schrift
COPYRIGHT: ?2004 by Sandra Schrift. All rights reserved
12 Ways to be a Confident Public Speaker
Speak from your heart. If you believe in what you say, than
others need to hear it. All confident speakers fall in the
P2 (passion plus persistence). Be sure your speech contains
your most fundamental beliefs and comes from authenticity.
1. Prepare, prepare, prepare!
2. Practice in front of a full-length mirror, for small
groups. Join Toastmasters. www.toastmasters.org
3. Be positive. "I am a good speaker rainer."
4. Expect to be nervous. [deep breathe, exercise by walking,
stretch, visualize your success, meditate] Make anxiety your
ally. Increase your energy; heighten your awareness.
5. Focus on your audience. [It is NOT about you. You are
there to help your audience]
6. Simplify. Use your time wisely and keep your
presentation clear and simple so that your audience can
understand what you are saying.
7. Connect with your audience. Look people in the eye, one
at a time, as you speak to them. The audience wants you to
8. Act confident. Smile. Hold your chin up. Stick your chest
out. When you do this, you will feel confident. Remember,
YOU are the authority on the subject and they want to hear
what you have to say.
9. Use humor wherever possible.
10. Offer the right message mix (inform, persuade,
11. Establish credibility by the use of facts, statistics,
12. Learn from your mistakes. Making mistakes is part of
your learning process. Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert,
said, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep."
About the Author
Sandra Schrift 13 year speaker bureau owner and now career
coach to emerging and veteran public speakers who want to
"grow" a profitable speaking business. I also work with
business professionals and organizations who want to
master their presentations.
To find out How to Become a Highly Paid Professional
Speaker, go to http://www.schrift.com/ProfessionalSpeaker/
Join my free bi-weekly Monday Morning Mindfulness ezine
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> 16 Mantras for Building Financial Wealth
>> 18 Caveats on How Not to Change
>> 21 Questions to Ask Before You Buy Any Shopping Cart System
>> 25 Leadership Maxims
>> 3 Things You Must Do If You Want To Create Sales Pages, Mini