You have found an apartment you like and you are eager to move in this lovely place. Hold on! Before you sign the lease with the landlord, some inspection is necessary and it might save you a lot of trouble. If you have already signed the lease, it will still be helpful to carefully inspect the apartment if you haven't done it yet. In case you find any problem, you should let the landlord know and get the problems fixed.
Below is a checklist for apartment inspection.
1. Check the entrance: Does the door seal properly? Does the lock work?
2. Check the floors: Any stain or stuff on hardwood floor? Are the carpets clean?
3. Check the ceilings and walls: Any dents, cracks or holes? Is the wallpaper in good condition? Paint on the wall in good shape?
4. Check electricity and lights: All lights working? Electrical outlets functioning? Air conditioner working well? Ceiling fan working well? Phone jack in each room? Is there a cable TV connection?
5. Check the kitchen: faucets leaking? Water pressure good? All appliances working and clean? Refrigerator looking good and not making too much noise? Dishwasher working fine? Gas/electric stove working fine? Microwave functioning?
6. Check the bathroom: Faucets leaking? Hot water from the shower? Toilet working fine?
Water pressure good?
7. Check safety: Windows in good condition and safe? Intercom working? Locks on all doors working? Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors functioning? Lead hazards?
If you have found problems with the apartment, write them down and show it to the landlord (keep a copy for yourself). Make sure the problems get fixed before you move in.
About the author:
Brian Walker is a freelance writer who has written many self-help articles. Check out more apartment living guide at Apartment Rental Guide ( http://www.apartment-rental-guide.com) and 101ApartmentForRent.com ( http://www.101apartmentforrent.com).
Circulated by http://www.article-emporium.com
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Attention Homeowners: Replacing Your Faucets Will Make a World of Difference
>> Baby Boomer?s Demand Alternative Style
>> Best Way To Tackle Cleaning
>> Bleach ? Our Reliance On It Is A Mistaken Belief; Part3
>> Bring Spring In!