Buying things on eBay can be a great alternative for out-door shopping. Shopping on eBay gives the buyers a convenient way of looking for the right stuffs or things that they need. However, it is a must for every eBay shopper to take note of these important reminders before buying on eBay so as to avoid scams and fraudulent activities.
Here are some tips for the buyers:
1. It is important to know the item first.
The eBay management strongly suggests that a buyer should first read and understand carefully the item listing before proceeding to bidding. He or she must grasp the seller's shipping requirements and the fees that are attached to it.
2. Buyer should be aware of the return and refund policy of eBay.
Buyers should know this first before bidding so that there wouldn't be any problems when wishing to do a refund.
3. The buyer should check first the seller's feedbacks before bidding.
Checking on the seller's feedbacks will give the buyer an impression if the transaction is trustworthy or not.
4. The buyer should choose a secured payment method.
The only secured way to get through a transaction on eBay is to make sure that the mode of payment required by the seller is protected. This should be clear on the buyer so as to avoid imminent danger of fraud or scam.
5. The buyer should use the "ask a seller questions" section.
It doesn't hurt to ask. It is best for a buyer to use this section first before bidding on an item. After all, it really pays a buyer to ask and clarify things first before proceeding to the bidding activity.
6. The buyer should know, by all means, the seller's contact details before sending the payment. This is one way of protecting one's money.
7. The buyer should take extra precautions on most of the international item listings because this is where most fraudulent activities happen.
8. The buyer should avoid any transaction that involves wire transfers as mode of payment. The eBay management does not approve it and will offer no protection in the event it is a fraud.
9. The buyer should make a documentation of all the transactions and the items purchased on eBay. This will be very handy in case there is a discrepancy in the future.
10. The buyer should be aware and get rid of spontaneous offers and counterfeit escrow services. The eBay management only allows protection for transactions made with eBay-approved escrow services.
About the author:
David Riewe is a Publisher and Online Marketer. Visit his eBay Blog to Discover 101 Ebay Auction Tips in this FREE ebook http://www.push-button-online-income.com/ebayblog
Circulated by http://www.article-emporium.com
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> How To Accept Credit Cards Online
>> How do printers compare
>> Gas Prices Too High? Save on Everything Else
>> Five Excellent Reasons To Take Paid Surveys Today
>> Fast Web Design For The Skint Webmaster