As we move through the house, we?re going to hit the master bedroom next. I want this room to be a haven and an escape for you. You won?t see your room as that if you don't like it and the decorations you have in it. Remember: small steps!
1. Walk in to your bedroom as you walked in to the family room and look at it critically. Is it cluttered? What's the first thing that you notice? Do whatever that is first. If it?s making the bed, do it. If it?s putting dirty clothes in a basket, do that. Whatever it is, get it done.
2. Does your bedroom fall under the Law of Flat Surfaces? If so, start by clearing off the dresser(s) and headboard. If you have papers there, look through them, pitch what needs to be pitched, and file away (as you did in the study) what needs to be filed. Once you can see the tops of the dressers and headboard, run over them quickly with your duster.
3. If you have lots of things on your dresser tops and top of the headboard, the next challenge is to de-clutter. You?ve already done the paper-aspect of this?now look critically at the other things you have. Do you have too many jewelry boxes? What about baskets that are supposed to organize things? Now is the time to determine what you absolutely love and wear all the time and what you hardly look at and almost never wear. Pull out the things you?re not crazy about and get rid of them. Give them away, throw them away, or sell them online. It doesn?t matter?as long as what?s left is what you truly love. If you have too many ?organizing baskets,? now is the time to realize that more things to hold your clutter isn?t ?organizing??organizing is paring down what you have and then keeping it orderly. Go through your baskets and determine which perfume bottles are your favourites and which ones you just don't use anymore. There?s no glory in keeping 35 scents on your dresser if all they do is collect dust and make things look messy.
4. Let?s move on to the floor. Can you walk freely in your room? If not, use the laundry-basket method and pick up the things on your floor. Deposit the items in their correct location and run the vacuum. No moving the bed or dressers?just sweep where you can easily walk.
5. Look at your windows?are they grimy? What about the window ledges? Grab your rag and window cleaner and give them a quick once-over. You'll be amazed at how much dust you pick up and how clean your ledges will look after that!
Keep going in the master bedroom?we?re going to go inside closets and dressers next! On to Pt. 2!
About the author:
This article provide courtesy of http://www.air-bed-guide.net
Circulated by http://www.article-emporium.com
< Previous article |
Next article >
>> Seeking the best sourced assistance relating to bedroom decorating ideas.
>> The Oriental Vs. Contemporary Bedroom Design Theory.
>> Using Color To Change The Size Of Your Bedroom
>> Using Vintage Hankies To Decorate The Bedroom
>> Why your bedroom should be pink